Louis Walsh quits The X Factor

Posted by: on Aug 6, 2013 | No Comments

He’s been at the forefront of the X Factor for ten years, mentoring successful acts such as 2005 winner Shayne Ward, Union J, JLS and erm… Jedward. But now Irish music mogul Louis Walsh has called it quits in order to go back to managing acts.

Lou Lou has said that he plans to launch a brand new boy band when the series ends, something that Louis is an expert in – after all, he is the man behind the hugely successful and popular boy bands, Westlife and Boyzone. It is also said that he is to manage former Westlife star Shane Filan, who plans to launch his solo career.

Announcing his decision to leave, Louis said: ‘I’m happy this is going to be my last year,’ ‘I’ve been judging X Factor for ten years so I’ve done it all.’

He added: ‘It was never in my plan to be on TV but Simon Cowell put me there. I’m very grateful to him but I need my life back!

Aaw, we here at Gossipdrip are going to miss you Louis! At least we’ve got your shenanigans with partner in crime Sharon Osbourne to look forward to this series!

The X Factor is back on our screens later this month.

 

 

Comments

comments